Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1, 2010

It's been one year since the official launch of Erik Z music.com, and oh what year it has been. My site has been getting loads of daily traffic from guitar geeks all around the world. My Washburn N4 Leadbelly has been the biggest draw lately. However I've added lots of things over the past year including a hugely expanded Store Section with not only my own music and T-Shirts, but I'm also helping sell Guitar Pedals and other studio Gear (Every dollar you spend helps fund the site, so... help a starving musician out.) ;-).

Outside of the site, my Erik Z music Youtube channel is going crazy. Between my Warmoth and Pedal demos, not to mention all my old "The Amazing Erik Z" and Aesthetik videos, I've received nearly 35,000 hits over the past year with over 200 a day still coming. Pretty cool stuff.

As far as music goes, I'm still working on it. I play guitar every day and new ideas are flowing in. I suppose I'm just too much of perfectionist and really want my next album to be not just "another Erik Z album", but something that really goes beyond anything I've ever written before. So with the bar set so high, it's probably going to be a while. At the earliest 6 months, but more realistically 1 to 2 years. (Just being honest).

Erik writing music in his studio

If haven't already, please join the Erik Z music.com e-mail mailing list. I'll keep you up to date if and when I new album is nearing completion, or if you're into my gear section more I'll shoot you updates on when I add any cool new things. (Like the Analogman King of tone)

Again, feel free to click on any of the ads on the site. Every time you buy something from one of them they give me a few cents to help keep the site run, not to mention help support my guitar pedal addiction, so click away on Analogman or B&H photovideo. Erik Z MP3's from Amazon.com count by the way. So go download some of my music, or buy a pedal, or a microphone, or a T-shirt, or a camera, or whatever. It all helps.








So that's it for the One year anniversary edition of my update. Check back often, go listen and download a couple tunes and of course keep on rockin' in the free world.

Thanks.

Erik

If you have any questions, comments, ideas, whatever; feel free to drop Erik a line @ Erik@erikzmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment