Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Best Corkscrew ever!!

I don't know if I've ever shared this video on my blog. I made it like a year ago. Basically it's this waiter's corkscrew that I absolutely love. It's this corkscrew called the boomerang that has a built in foilcutter.

The story goes after college I worked as a bartender in a bar that focused mostly on wine. I had used all the assorted corkcrews out there, even the fancy ones that sell for $100+ at Brookstone. Anyway... when it comes right down to it, they all suck accept for a waiters corkscrew. You simply can't beat the control and accurancy of them, plus they're so small.

Anyway, so one day this regular of mine, who also happened to be a waiter at a local French bistro comes in and asks me if I want this extra corkscrew he has. It's this white corkscrew with a special blade to cut the foil off with.

Long story short... I have never used another type of corkscrew since. Ever, ever. And I drink ALOT of wine. The waiter corkscrew is great, don't get me wrong, but having the foilcutter instead of the knife is sooooo much more useful and quick. Anything else I'd use the knife for I can easily just use the point of the screw anyway, so..

So yeah... I made a video about it. The one I'm using in the video I got in 2001 after I accidentally broke my original one. I also picked up one in black too, but it sit as a back up just in case. 10+ years and I still haven't used it. ;-)

So yeah.. .that's it.

If you're interested, I highly recommend getting one.






Oh also, cuz I'm totally plugging my stuff as well. The song in the video is a tune I wrote called "The End", it's the last track from my 2001 album. "disc 1, The Allston years" Check it out if you get a chance. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment